
This week has been like my birthday all over again. Okay well not exactly, but it has been wicked! The beginning of the week was just another week with plenty of leftovers and lamb chops to be consumed. Almost made it through the 14 chops left...almost :(



For my birthday I was given tickets to see India vs England Test 1 cricket match at Lord's. To say that I have been looking forward to this day for month is a sheer understatement. I bought my India cricket shirt, brushed up on the players and finally it came time to go watch them in action. Going to Lords was magical. There is no other way to describe it. Going to a live sporting match, especially in a venue like Lord's is brilliant.

England batted first which meant that I got to see ALL the Indian players on the field. It was unbelievable. Our tickets were amazing so if felt like we were on the green itself. Gautam Gambhir, Sharma, HB Singh, Praveen Kumar, MS Dhoni, and of course the legend himself Sachin Tendulkar! WICKED (no pun intended there).
Drinking champagne, eating our sandwiches we watching the drama of Test cricket, of England vs India cricket unveil in front of our eyes. I love watching sports...I love watching sports LIVE especially and cricket is definitely one sport that has captured my attention. It is a slow moving game....but so it tennis, baseball and marathon running. It was a brilliant day watching India vs England (cannot say the same for the remaining days of test 1 or the rest of the series)....shame the rain came and spoiled the fun.

After the fun (and champagne) wore off from Lord's it was time to get ready from my first visit to Wales!!! You may be thinking - - what a flippin awesome week (or you could be thinking - - cricket and Wales?!?! Wow you are easily entertained!). Well for either thought you may be having - - you would be right!!! With my trip to Wales, I now only have 1 country left to complete my 'tour' of the UK. Ironically, Ireland is still left. It has been the one country that I have wanted to visit and yet for some reason I have yet to make a trip there. Hmmmm, I really need to fix that and plan a trip to Ireland. Ireland 2012!! That will be make for 2 additional countries to my list (going to Singapore in May for a wedding).

Wales is such a beautiful country. It is everything that you think of when you think of when you think of British country side. Blue skies, rolling green hills as far as the eyes can see and SHEEP EVERYWHERE!!!! I don't know what my obsession with sheep has been, but this place is heaven!!
That said, I have learnt, where there are sheep there is sheep poo. Loads of sheep poo! I tried avoiding it, but there is no luck when surrounded by sheep. Still..loved the sheep....loved shouting sheep every time I saw one...but did not love the smell. That said, they smell nicer than cows. Why do I like smelly animals.

It was a relaxing weekend. Seriously!! Here I was on holiday visiting Hubb's family and all I could do was relax (aka sleep). Feel bad looking back on it. All I did that weekend was eat, sleep, and eat. Learnt hands on how to make roast lamb and potatoes. Cannot wait to try it out. I have always been weary of cooking roast, but going to give it a try. Learnt a lot about British cooking this weekend. Interesting fact, the flavour of British cuisine comes from the sauces and condiments that accompany it. Indian cuisine on the other hand is the complete reverse. The overwhelming flavours are cooked into the dishes and marinated through and through the meat. It is interesting how cuisine change from country to country and what similarities are shared by neighboring countries.

Its been a great week...especially with the cricket match and the trip to Wales. More often than not we focus our attention on the small details of life - - working, cleaning the house, chugging through the detailed task lists. We focus so much on the work plans of life that we miss the broader picture. What makes life worth living - - it is not the hours we put in, the cents in our accounts but the experiences that we have had and shared. Experiences like this week will always be remembered and cherished. Sit back, relax and soak up the scenery and beauty around you. You may just discover you are luckier than you anticipated.
Hope you all are well
Miss you
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment