I normally close the year with a solid run (or just any run really), but not this year. Instead I spend the day with my two best friend -- you know who you are :-)
2011 has certainly been a prime year and one that I will never forget. It has seen its highs and it has seen its lows, but I never forgot what "I Stand" for. I never let go of the power to change, to live for the perfect day...and more above all I believed there is a better place. Correction on that last one...I believed that where I am is the better place.
2011 was not the year that I had planned, but little tumbles and falls can change the course you are on. The thing to keep in mind is that you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and carry on! I enjoyed 2011 and all it had to offer; the London experience, the travels, the laughs, the reading and of course the cooking! I may not have achieved all my new year's resolutions, but I had a lovely year! Could have wished for some event to go better than they did, but you cannot control everything. Something people act the way you expect them to...no matter how disappointing that is.
I have not sorted out my 2012 theme song yet...I cannot find a song that encapsulates my wishes for the year ahead. 2012 has been a year that I have been looking forward to since 2007 when I first started my move to London conversations. I can hardly believe that the year has arrived.
- Cook 20 new dishes in the next 50 weeks
- Read 5 new books
- Train to 20.12K distance
- Visit 5 new countries
- Work no more than 12 hours a day
Let's see how it goes!!! Either way, I am determined to make this year a great one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment