22 January 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 181

This week has been lovely! It started with a Monday gym session which I am determined to make a regular occurrence. I know the marathon is out of question for 2012, but that doesn't not mean that running all together has to be. I am starting from scratch again, but 1 mile at a time and I will get back there. Just going to take some patience, focus and dedication.

Right now, I am not focusing on any race, distance or speed. I am just focusing on being able to run for 30 minutes. I cannot remember the last time 30 minutes seemed like a marathon...actually I can remember. It was when I was 14 on my first day of cross-country. Couldn't make it through the first day of practice without walking....2 weeks later I was with the lead pack. Just need to keep at it.

During today's session: I managed to run the full 30 minutes without stopping. Did not break the 5K marker, but did manage 4.7 km....I am going to take it. That is 4.7km more than I ran since April-11....so it can only get better. The goal of running 20.12km by the end of the year is still on!!

On Tuesday, it was the day to celebrate with my work wife - Vic!!! I did not know it at the time, but it was there was definitely reason to celebrate. At the company meeting it was announced that Vic got promoted to Partner! I am so very pleased for her. She has wanted this for such a long time and I am very pleased that Mindshare recognised her efforts and gave her the promotion she so very much deserved. We had intended to celebrated the occasion at The Paramount in Centre Point (but after being turned away because we looked too casual for their dress code), we turned to Freud's for cocktails and later champagne & patters at The Plough. Congrats Vic!!! Hope this doesn't change our breakfast routine!!

On Thursday, we all bittersweetly celebrated JAR's leaving do from Mindshare. She is still staying within the WPP family and her new job is pretty kick arse, but she is going to be missed. She is by far the kindest, warm hearted individual at Mindshare. She was one of the first friends I made at Mindshare (outside the American and ATG family) and I am lucky to call her friend.

JAR -- I wish you all the best of luck with your new adventure. I hope your new gig is everything that you wish for because you definitely deserve it! Thank you my dear for everything during my move to London and all you smiles, laughter and support since!!

Finally the weekend arrived!!! It was a massive shopping weekend spending more on accessories on our new bikes than the bikes were worth as well as a new TV and speaker system for the bed room. These by no means were must haves....but some how I turned a simple let's just get a bike rack and an iron into a shopping bonanza!! It's a talent of mine, I can turn just about any shop for must haves into a shopping bonanza of things we never thought we wanted. Why on earth do we need to have the ability to connect the iPad to the bedroom TV? Who knows, but now can!?!? Can connect the laptop to the computer too! Can barely have Safari open streaming video, but now can connect my "your start up disk is almost full" laptop to the TV! Wicked times!!!

On Sunday, after an ordeal of getting the bikes on the bike rack it was off to Epping Forrest for a biking adventure. It was not the warmest of days, but after the debacle of Saturday and especially after the struggle of getting the bikes on the rack, there was nothing that could stop us from going on our ride.

Epping Forrest is absolutely beautiful! the hills there were a struggle, and cycling past the horses was interesting, but biking around was chuffing awesome! There were some stop and go moments, but for our first bike ride, we managed 1hr30min (+/- a few). I wish the path that we found at the end was the path that we were on the entire time, but now we know. Here's to next time (when we go with better bikes....hahaha).

Well hope you all had a lovely week and start to 2012!!! Remember to #MakeItCount!

Miss you all very dearly and truly!

xxx

T




No comments: