It has been a slow start to the year. Mom left Tuesday morning. It was great having Mom in London for the last 18 days and rather sad to see her leave. What made the day even worse was then having to go to work. Oye veh was that day difficult. It was good to be back in the office; being with the team, seeing work colleagues and using my new coffee mug (the only con about my new office is mug is that it is not big enough...definitely require more coffee in the mornings) :-)




The first day back at work though seemed to last FOREVER!!! I thought I could pass the time writing a deck that was meant to be sent before the close of the year. Wrote, re-wrote the deck numerous times and when it came to sending I thought "Surely it's almost time to leave!" Sadly it was only 1400....and the day went downhill from there. Working on the WW team and especially in my new role I learn every day why it is that Americans get on people's nerves globally.... we are annoying people :-)
I quite liked the cooking challenge of 2011...53 dishes was rather ambitious and being honest I got a bit repetitive. This year I am going to eased the pressure on the cooking front and only aiming for 20 new dishes. To kick things off, I made Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya. Like all things in the kitchen, I added my own little twist to the dish adding in red peppers, onions, red wine and cream cheese...sounds rather odd, but it was absolutely exquisite. Normally I do not keep the left overs, but that night I definitely did and was rather keen to eat them the next day. 19 more to go...let's see what they will bring :-)
The rest of the week was rather uneventful work wise as I was out Thursday and Friday due to this darn flu/cold that is going around. I don't feel sick sick, but my body is just run down and aches from head to toe. The one massive symptom that I suffer from is the fact that I sleep all day. Thursday was up and down in terms of feeling well. Overall that day I was just sick to my stomach and could not think straight. Thursday was painful in so many ways. Friday I was still in no shape to crawl to work, so I took to the sofa. I was I am normally a pro at sleeping, but my performance on Friday wowed even me. How can someone sleep that much?!?!
Thankfully on Saturday I was able to tear myself off the sofa to celebrate Power's 30th birthday. Michael had arranged for an amazing surprise evening of celebration including an American dinner (gotta love me some Lone Star), bowling (I have no bowling skills outside the Wii) and karaoke (hahah they had the glee version of Alone). I would not have thought there was would a place in London where you could do all 3 under the same roof, but I was correct. Apparently you can! It was a brilliant night celebrating Power's 30th birthday and seeing all the Yanks in the new year. It was our first gathering and what a better way to celebrate. We have a special group here and every time we get together I am in awe of the family that we have become whilst living here.
On a side and random note..I must say beaming ray of sunshine Saturday night was definitely Little Wib who is absolutely glowing and looks amazing as a soon to be Mommy :-)
On another note... I would like to wish a very happy birthday to my big brother!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BHAI!!!!
Hope you had a blessed day with the family and got all that you deserve on your special day. xx
To everyone else, hope you are well and miss you dearly
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment