Has anyone seen The Guard? It stars Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle. I don't know how to really describe it except to say that it is one of the darks, un-PC movies ever. If you liked In Bruges, you will like this movie as well. Check out the trailer for it! To give you a flavor of what you can expect, here is a quote from one of the scenes, "[Sergean Gerry Boyle] I'm Irish, sure, racism is a part of me culture". To be fair, we have yet to finish the movie. I had to turn it off as I was exhausted from the day. Cannot wait to finish it though. I rarely say this, but the movie is truly LMAO funny. The accents are strong, but you will get used to them. I need to finish watching it cause I am rather intrigued to see where this movie is going. Very twisted!
Work has been rather active and eventful (to say the least) the past few weeks. With the pitch delivery just around the corner, the focus in the team has been about delivery "best in class" projects and ensuring that we are all investing our 120% to ensure that we are putting best foot forward. The grand thing is that although we are working like crazy, we do take some time to release a bit so we all don't crazy. That said, looking at this photo, you all probably think we are crazy.....suppose you are not too far off base. I think you need to be a bit crazy to do what we do on a daily basis. No room for the normal in our team or industry :)
Finally Saturday came and with it a very entertaining Saturday. To kick things off, in the morning, we all headed to the Olympic Park. A few months ago, a bunch of us signed up for the Olympic Park Run. It was a chance to be one of the first in the park and more importantly to be apart of history as the "first" to cross the finish line in the Olympic Stadium. Sadly I did not get in, but thankfully our friends did so we were able to cheer them on. The one thing that made me nervous is with only 5,000 + 2 guest each the security to get in and out of the grounds were insane. Going to need to allocate plenty of time come August.
Being on the grounds was wicked. There are no words to describe the overwhelming feeling with you enter the park and see the grounds. Definitely gets to in the Olympic spirit. The weather was less than ideal, but that did not take away from the lot of us soaking up the entertainment, scenery and later cheering the runners as they finished their 5 mile run around the Olympic grounds. I wish I could have felt what they felt when they ran into the stadium. Must have been amazing. Seeing all the runners made me want to get back into shape. I know I need to be patient with my progress (as it typically takes two years to fully recover from any ankle surgery), but I also know that I could be doing more.
I should be embarrassed by my activities on Saturday night, but to be honest I am really not. After we cheered Lou & Olli on their finish and celebrated with a glass of bubbly at Searcy's in Westfield Stratford, it was off to the O2 for X-Factor concert! I am normally not a reality TV show concert person, but I really like the performers this year. The tickets that we had were out of this world. I am starting to get spoiled by having "reach out and touch them" seats. It is like a whole different concert when you are up that close. I was a bit sad when I thought we weren't going to see Little Mix, but they came on and were brilliant. It was such an amazing night... so very lucky to be taken out for such a special night :)
After a top Saturday, Sunday was spent chilling out. It was a nice change from the chilly Saturday. The sun was out and London was beautiful. London is truly a different city when the sun is out. To celebrate the day, we biked up to Clissold Park and chilled out in the lawn. I was spent from the day before, so I took a mini nap in the sunshine. It was blissful :-) Cannot wait for the summer to come. This time I have two feet so definitely plan on enjoy it biking, running, hiking...and well yes I will nap in the sun too...and why....cause I can :)
Hope you all are well and enjoying the weather wherever you are
Miss you all dearly and truly
xxx
T
Work has been rather active and eventful (to say the least) the past few weeks. With the pitch delivery just around the corner, the focus in the team has been about delivery "best in class" projects and ensuring that we are all investing our 120% to ensure that we are putting best foot forward. The grand thing is that although we are working like crazy, we do take some time to release a bit so we all don't crazy. That said, looking at this photo, you all probably think we are crazy.....suppose you are not too far off base. I think you need to be a bit crazy to do what we do on a daily basis. No room for the normal in our team or industry :)
Finally Saturday came and with it a very entertaining Saturday. To kick things off, in the morning, we all headed to the Olympic Park. A few months ago, a bunch of us signed up for the Olympic Park Run. It was a chance to be one of the first in the park and more importantly to be apart of history as the "first" to cross the finish line in the Olympic Stadium. Sadly I did not get in, but thankfully our friends did so we were able to cheer them on. The one thing that made me nervous is with only 5,000 + 2 guest each the security to get in and out of the grounds were insane. Going to need to allocate plenty of time come August.
Being on the grounds was wicked. There are no words to describe the overwhelming feeling with you enter the park and see the grounds. Definitely gets to in the Olympic spirit. The weather was less than ideal, but that did not take away from the lot of us soaking up the entertainment, scenery and later cheering the runners as they finished their 5 mile run around the Olympic grounds. I wish I could have felt what they felt when they ran into the stadium. Must have been amazing. Seeing all the runners made me want to get back into shape. I know I need to be patient with my progress (as it typically takes two years to fully recover from any ankle surgery), but I also know that I could be doing more.
I should be embarrassed by my activities on Saturday night, but to be honest I am really not. After we cheered Lou & Olli on their finish and celebrated with a glass of bubbly at Searcy's in Westfield Stratford, it was off to the O2 for X-Factor concert! I am normally not a reality TV show concert person, but I really like the performers this year. The tickets that we had were out of this world. I am starting to get spoiled by having "reach out and touch them" seats. It is like a whole different concert when you are up that close. I was a bit sad when I thought we weren't going to see Little Mix, but they came on and were brilliant. It was such an amazing night... so very lucky to be taken out for such a special night :)
After a top Saturday, Sunday was spent chilling out. It was a nice change from the chilly Saturday. The sun was out and London was beautiful. London is truly a different city when the sun is out. To celebrate the day, we biked up to Clissold Park and chilled out in the lawn. I was spent from the day before, so I took a mini nap in the sunshine. It was blissful :-) Cannot wait for the summer to come. This time I have two feet so definitely plan on enjoy it biking, running, hiking...and well yes I will nap in the sun too...and why....cause I can :)
Hope you all are well and enjoying the weather wherever you are
Miss you all dearly and truly
xxx
T



No comments:
Post a Comment