15 April 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 193

This week the reality kicked in. In a couple of weeks, we are off to Asia and I am nowhere close to being ready nor achieving my goal. I cannot remember the last time I went to the gym three times, but this week I did... had some amazing sessions too. On Monday I did a 3.4km run followed by 1K hill, finished with 10min of speed drills of 1 min on/off. I felt great after that session and thankfully wasn't sore the next day so I was make it back to the gym. I was so very pleased I did as I managed to run a 5K in sub-30 minutes (27min12sec to be exact). I "cooled down" with a 10 min hill session at L20 and an intense ab session. That did me in, so couldn't fathom going back to the gym until Sunday. Even on Sunday I wasn't a 100% able to run.. (think Monday & Tuesday were a little too much for me), so I ended up rowing and doing the elliptical. Need to learn where the exercise line is so I don't keep crossing it and sabotage my own recovery.

On Friday I was pleasantly surprised with a LUSH..I repeat LUSH birthday dinner at Pont de la Tour! It was such a sweet treat! Since I would be traveling on my birthday, Mands decided to celebrate my birthday early with a lovely lovely meal with a beautiful view of Tower Bridge. I wasn't in the birthday spirit yet, but that night I definitely wore my Queen T birthday crown. I really was the birthday queen -- had scallops for a starter, lobster for a main, and had them bring me a special Old Fashion at the table. After the meal we went to the bar when the bartender showed us in detail how to make the PERFECT Old Fashion. Can't say I completely followed, but I learnt how complex this drink is and why it take 8 minutes :-P

 After such a lush evening on Friday there was only one way to burn off all the calories - - SHOPPING! We had been invited to Brenda's Gate Crashing event the morning of the wedding so the hunt for a pastel dress was on! We spent 7 hours on Saturday hunting for the right dress (ended up buying a new dress for the wedding and some much needed shorts too). It was a long day, but a fun day. My days of being a mall rat are over, but it is fun every now and then. I have never known shopping to be this stressful - - internet shopping is definitely the way forward (just need to learn my UK size)!!! I am pumped now for the holiday! Cannot wait to wear my pretty dresses :-)

Hope you all are well and looking forward to the warm weather :)

xxx

T

No comments: