How is it that when you take holiday the week before you leave is ALWAYS insane?! This is my last week before my two week holiday in Malaysia/ Singapore. There is never a good time for a holiday that is for sure, but this one is really at the worst timing. I wish I could have changed it, but to be honest I am glad to be getting away. This week has seen way too many late nights. Not normal late nights, but the "this is ridiculous" late nights. Leaving work purely cause the eyes cannot stay open anymore. This is not right?!
I understand that we are not in a 9-5 industry, but these hours, this caving to the clients every whim is just REDUNKCULOUS! Over the years I have learnt to draw boundaries on things, but the simple truth is I care too much. Not about my job or career, but just about producing good work. If its going to have my name attached or involved, then I want it to be the best representation of myself. May not be the motto of everyone these days, but that is my life motto. As my grandfather taught me -- if you are going to do something, do it right and with passion or not at all :-)

This week hasn't been all work. On Thursday night, Geoff and Caroline from Kennedy's Law firm invited us out for a night at Ronnie Scotts to see Georgie Fame. Ronnie Scotts is THE Jazz Club of London. It was rather wicked walking in and soaking up the great music, food and atmosphere. It was a really GREAT evening. Going out with Geoff and Caroline is guaranteed to be a top evening and most definitely one that will be over indulgent with all the guilty pleasures of the world (or venue).
Kicking back with Old Fashions and wine was just what the week needed :-) Friday came and went. Never have I seen so many tears shed in an office space and within a week let alone, but FINALLY 5 o'clock came and we were quick to call it a week. THANK THE STARS as this weekend marked the London Marathon/ GB Women's Marathon trials. Last year I missed watching the London Marathon live on the streets due to my ankle. For the last 14 years I have cheered (in person) the marathon of whatever city I am living in.
I have seen some great moments and got to see some of the greatest run past me; Radcliffe, Kastor, Samuelson, N'dereba, Keitany.. the list goes on. On Sunday I added many more names and faces to my list including Liz Yelling. It is a bummer that she did not make the GB Women's Marathon team. Shame that one bad day can have such a massive impact on other events. She looked great running by....strong and dignified!
Any week that ends with the London Marathon is a good week. It may have been filled with several late nights, but does it matter?! I am going on holiday in two days AND I reached my weight goal :-)
Miss you all
xxx
T
I understand that we are not in a 9-5 industry, but these hours, this caving to the clients every whim is just REDUNKCULOUS! Over the years I have learnt to draw boundaries on things, but the simple truth is I care too much. Not about my job or career, but just about producing good work. If its going to have my name attached or involved, then I want it to be the best representation of myself. May not be the motto of everyone these days, but that is my life motto. As my grandfather taught me -- if you are going to do something, do it right and with passion or not at all :-)
This week hasn't been all work. On Thursday night, Geoff and Caroline from Kennedy's Law firm invited us out for a night at Ronnie Scotts to see Georgie Fame. Ronnie Scotts is THE Jazz Club of London. It was rather wicked walking in and soaking up the great music, food and atmosphere. It was a really GREAT evening. Going out with Geoff and Caroline is guaranteed to be a top evening and most definitely one that will be over indulgent with all the guilty pleasures of the world (or venue).
I have seen some great moments and got to see some of the greatest run past me; Radcliffe, Kastor, Samuelson, N'dereba, Keitany.. the list goes on. On Sunday I added many more names and faces to my list including Liz Yelling. It is a bummer that she did not make the GB Women's Marathon team. Shame that one bad day can have such a massive impact on other events. She looked great running by....strong and dignified!
Any week that ends with the London Marathon is a good week. It may have been filled with several late nights, but does it matter?! I am going on holiday in two days AND I reached my weight goal :-)
Miss you all
xxx
T

No comments:
Post a Comment