It's almost time for the Easter weekend which means 4 day weekend!!! All weekends should be a minimum of 3 days, especially with the hours we've been working how else are you supposed to get anything done or even attempt to have a balanced life. Despite the long hours, I was pleased to leave work early on Thursday to kick off the long weekend. We had a bit of a spontaneous change in plans...leaving early on Thursday so we could meet with Sam & Lou in Brecon at this super cute inn. It was nice to see the two ladies and spend some time with them outside of London. I like moments like these...and I look forward to the next get-a-way together. Wherever that may be, I am certain it will be good beer, food and especially friends!
To celebrate the Easter weekend it was off to Pencoed, WALES to visit the Tommey's. On Saturday after running some errands it was off to the beach! Its one of the great traditions of coming to Wales; watching Tye run around like she is a puppy. It is not like going to Sunset Beach or anything, but it is wicked. We went to a new beach, exploring Porthcawl and the esplanade around it. Wales is filled with such quaint villages. I really like the laid back nature of the country.
In the evening after a lush dinner we played cards. Normally cards for my family is Rumi...Abhai Rumi, but I was pleased to learn a new card game; New Market (or is it marketplace, I kept mixing it up). It is a bit of a gambling game (though we did not gamble) with three chances to win. You can win a pile by either 1) having the Queens of Diamonds, 2) being the first to finish or 3) having the king of the suit of the card turned over. It was great family fun and definitely a game I plan on playing again.
I didn't think the Easter bunny was going to find me all the way in Wales, but I was delighted to see that it did!!! I am also pleased that the Easter bunny got the memo that I am not a fan of chocolate (that said, LOVED the Cadbury Crispy Eggs) and got me chocolates and a cuddly toy instead.
It was a really nice Easter morning. Was good to see how its traditionally celebrated. I still need to learn how to boil and egg and properly cook an English Roast.
I should have learned my lesson after my first experience fishing and not to friend my meal, but I I did it again. I played around with my egg and cried when it was later thrown into the pot of boiling water. I could hear the screams from the eggs.... okay I am kidding people. May have cried when I went fishing for the first time and had to eat what I caught after naming my fish, but I did not this time. I am just playing with you!!!
Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!!!
Miss you all dearly
xxx
T
The next morning after a lush breakfast, it was off to go hiking. We bought a map and a book this time, but that did not help us. We still couldn't find where we were meant to go. We drove and drove, double backing on ourselves, but we couldn't understand the author's directions (or lack there of). Instead we found a random mountain and opted to just hike that instead. It was a brutal start going vertically upwards for 30 minutes, but then it was a very pretty hike.
We decided not to attempt anything daring. Keep it simple after our last adventures in the mountain tops. We hiked for 2 hours and then turned around tracing back our steps. I am really starting to enjoy hiking. Wishing now that I did more of it in the Adirondack Mts with Coach Peters! My ankle is still getting used to the vertical climbing, but I am hoping that my ankle treats this as a strengthening exercise and not throw a tamper tantrum. At the moment, it seems to be throwing a tantrum, but I will let it be. The rest of the weekend will be focused on chilling out :) Plenty of rest to be had.
In the evening after a lush dinner we played cards. Normally cards for my family is Rumi...Abhai Rumi, but I was pleased to learn a new card game; New Market (or is it marketplace, I kept mixing it up). It is a bit of a gambling game (though we did not gamble) with three chances to win. You can win a pile by either 1) having the Queens of Diamonds, 2) being the first to finish or 3) having the king of the suit of the card turned over. It was great family fun and definitely a game I plan on playing again.
I didn't think the Easter bunny was going to find me all the way in Wales, but I was delighted to see that it did!!! I am also pleased that the Easter bunny got the memo that I am not a fan of chocolate (that said, LOVED the Cadbury Crispy Eggs) and got me chocolates and a cuddly toy instead.
It was a really nice Easter morning. Was good to see how its traditionally celebrated. I still need to learn how to boil and egg and properly cook an English Roast.
Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!!!
Miss you all dearly
xxx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment