
Its been awhile since I have been a teenager. Kids these days are forced to go up too soon. I don't know if its forced or a desire to, but it interesting how much life is exposed to teenagers these days. They Facebook, tweet, watch movies with content I don't personally see fit. Enough ranting :-)
It been great having a guest in town as it has forced me to leave on time. It is amazing what a difference leaving at 5:30pm makes. Puts a whole new spin on evenings. Could get used to this...(doubt though it will last long after our guest leaves).

Wednesday marked what would have been my Dad's 70th birthday. I had a rather surreal day on Wednesday. Was a bit under the weather with a cold/ allergies all day which meant my head was in the clouds. On the tube ride home, I left my blackberry on the tube. Immediately realized as I was going up the stairs so told the tube tenants. The guy told me to phone back at in a half hour and he would see if he could track it down. I phoned back and to my delight some turned it in at the next stop. How amazing is that. There are good people out there :-)

On Thursday we went to see Rock of Ages. I had no premise for the movie and must say that I was rather pleasantly entertained. Tom Cruise's performances was annoyingly good...he was over the top as usual, but think that was part of the character. Julianne Hough was brilliant. Hard to believe that she was one of the "pros" for DWTS and now she is on the silver screen. The whole cast really was amazing. Love good musicals :-)

On Friday we celebrated our friend's Maeve's birthday. We went to a new pub up by Allie Pallie which was really cool. I had some questionable beers there, but really nice pub and the food was top notch. Very unusual menu, but really great food. I cannot wait to find an excuse to go back :-) It was a lovely evening and so very glad to have had the chance to celebrate Maeve's birthday!!

We couldn't celebrate too much as Saturday was an early start. We had to first get our guest to the train station and then race to Wales for Vicky's wedding. Shockingly everything went as planned and we were able to check into the hotel, chill for a bit before getting dressed for the wedding. What a wedding it was. It was so great to see Vicky so incredibly happy. She was absolutely glowing. I love weddings and seeing the people you care about on cloud 9 with bitty happiness.

The wedding reception was LUSH! The food was top notch, the service was top notch, the booze was infinitely flowing and the music was BRILLIANT! I had a cold that weekend, but that did not stop me from dancing my heart out. I couldn't stop dancing. May have started 'mum dancing', but had a blast doing it. In fact it may be my new move :-)
Hope you all are well and happy wherever you might be
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment