22 July 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 207

On Monday I was meant to take another Night Photography class, but with all the rain, I decided not to attend. Didn't want to get Diem wet nor did an evening in the drizzle seem like an enjoyable way to spend the evening. In stead, I went on a 'date' with my dear friend Pat who is moving to Thailand in a matter of weeks (if he ever gets his passport back). I am so happy that he is finally able to move to Thailand to be with his GF, but I am going to miss him beyond words. He is my person here in London; that one person that you could go to at any moment and they would be there to talk, to listen or to seat next to you in the pub. I hope this move doesn't change our relationship. Knowing us the way I do, I don't think it will. No matter how close/ far away we are, there are some friends that are always in your heart and he is that friend. 


I have been thinking and reflecting a lot on my past lately. What events in my life have lead me to become the person that I am today. Which people in my life influenced me to become the person that I am today. Its been an interesting couple of weeks to say the least. As I have grown up, I realize more and more that I owe so much to my Grandfather. He is so much apart of the person I am today in all the good ways. He has taught me the meaning of doing things properly. If you are not going to put your heart into something, don't disrespect it by 'half-assing" it.  I am so thankful to come from the family that I do. Honestly and truly would not be the person that I am (for better or worse) if it were not for them. Thank you. 

It is going to be 4 years in a next week for me moving here. It feels like just yesterday that I was in NYC with the girls, playing beer pong, going for brunch and having the time of our lives. I never thought four years later that I would have settled into London so much to call it home. These four years have been amazing and I am so very thankful for the people that I have met, experiences and moments that I have shared. I am looking forward to what lies ahead, but do very much so miss NYC and the people that I have left there. Hard to have your heart split across the ocean. 


Living in London and being friends with ExPats who have to come to accept that what bonds us is that the world is our oyster and no city is forever. We are not tied to the ground and our lives are meant to experience the world around us. Sucks really...as you have to accept that the people you have become great friends with are going to move out of the country to continue their adventure abroad elsewhere. It is starting to become real that Pat is leaving us. We celebrated his leaving with a good ole fashion Pub Crawl around Camden. Was a great afternoon to evening of fun to celebrate a great friend that I am going to miss with all my heart.

Hope you all are well. Miss you. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you all

xx

T

No comments: