Turns out that 1 inch was a 45 minute walk for the average person. For Mom and I it was a good 1 hour hike (as we looped back to the path where we started). Just like every other trip with Mom and I has been a learning experience this one did not disappoint. Mom learned not to trust, "it is just around the corner" and I learned Mom does not enjoy taking the unofficially paths (also it is best to follow her sense of direction). After plenty of loops and turns, hills and valleys we finally made it to the Kenwood House for the last tour, some tea, scones and clotted cream. So what is so specially about the Kenwood House? You know, I have no idea. The house is nice, but once you've seen one, you seen them all. For the movie freak that I am, the Kenwood House was featured in the Notting Hill. It is in the scene where Hugh Grant goes to see Julia Roberts on set when she is taping the Henry James period piece. Yup! Made Mom walk 1 hour just so I could see that. Boy she must love me!
To mark 24 years, I wanted to take Mom to the peace pagoda in Battersea Park. Not in the mood to be duped again, on Wednesday was keen to know just how far we would be walking and timed each turn that we took. After walking around the pagoda a bit, we had a little picnic in the park and sunshine before we headed back to watch Inception. Mom started her 4th scarf for the homeless and I struggled through a few more pages in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". It was not the typical day, but it was the quiet day that we both needed.
After cleaning the cabinets and every corner of the flat, the weekend arrived which meant it was time for Big E's BBQ and Beerfest. Big E's BBQs are always looked forward to as you know there is going to be a grand selection of ribs, smoked chicken and homemade baked beans (mid west style). This time Big E hosted a beer tasting contest. The rules, each person brings 6 beers to represent a country (in hindsight, this was probably too much) and each beer was then judged on smell, taste, drinkability and empty glass factor. It was a rather interesting and eclectic selection of beers. It was clear that we all have varying taste in beers.
It has been an eye-opening week and was given a new perspective on things. I personally do not know how to react or think, but everyone is entitled to their opinions right? The truth hurts sometimes, but at the end of the day you would rather hear the truth then never know.
Well on that note, hope you all are well.
xoxo
T
No comments:
Post a Comment