22 August 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 109

It has been a pretty low key week. There have been a couple of late nights which would make you question if I have learned anything. Before you keep scratching your head, I will say yes I have learnt something. The difference this time, is that the entire team was there and it was not just me. Who ever said you can't teach an old dog a new trick?! Hey now!!! Who you calling a dog!?!

After the lonely week without Mom and the lack of home cooked food, I was rather looking forward to Si & Bren's Housewarming BBQ. I knew it was going to be a feast of food, but not one could have prepared us for the courses that Si had cooked up. Leaving the canapes and starters aside, there was a kebab course, a fish taco course and finally a hamburger course. I am missing one... pork belly (i did not partake in that one)! As if that was not enough, the evening was finished with an extravagant (may it be sans sticky balls) dessert course.

Each BBQ, your body is tested to its limits. Just how much food can you eat. You start by saying...oh my god this is the tastiest lamb ever...then I love these grilled veggies....how juicy these burgers are. There is just no stopping. You just need to pace yourself though. Those that have been seasoned and prepared know to start out small to ensure that you can taste a little of everything - you will regret it if you don't.

Whilst in Austin, I bought a bottle of blue corn whiskey. I bought it when I was out and about with my cousin. We opened and tasted the bottle this BBQ and I will say that it is rather good. Did not appreciate Austin wines, but their whiskey, that I will purchase again. It smells of tequila, but taste of a mild blend. Could not make a night of drinking it, but a pack or two is not too bad.

Hope you all are well

xoxo

T

No comments: