This week has been about spending all the precious moments possible with Mom. On Wednesday, the girls and I enjoyed one last "Girls Night with Mom" at the Porterhouse. The porterhouse on a Friday night is worse than the tube during peak hours, but must say that on Wednesday it is not too bad. We were lucky to get a table and enjoyed an evening of 1/2 pints, the majority of the starter menu, and plenty of laughter. I am coming to realise now that I have a matter of days left with Mom that there are so many things that I wanted to do with Mom whilst she was here. Where did the time fly? What were we wrapped up doing? I cannot change the weeks and days that have pasted...only the days ahead.
On Friday, I surprised Mom with afternoon tea at NPG. The afternoon started out much nicer, but then the rain kicked in (hence the grey rather than blue skies above). It was a nice relaxing evening with the special view of Trafalgar Square down to Big Ben. After tea, we walked around the museum a bit and then continued our exploration of London.
There is a place by work called 'The Crypt' that I walk past. I have always been curious to what it was, so Mom and I decided to explore and check it out. After walking around a bit, we headed up to Chinatown for one last Oodle Noodle. In efforts to change it up a bit we did a mix of eat out, take-a-way and buying some fresh veggies.
It has been a sincere delight having Mom here for the past month. I wish she could stay for longer. The last couple of weeks have been lovely exploring new things in London. Thank you for coming and staying for so long.
There was so much to share and show Mom that one month has not been enough. A warning to you all - if you are going to come for a visit I need at least 2 months. Ha ha ha ha.
Hope you all are well.
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment