SINCERE apologies!!! In my Munich bliss, I forgot to check the calendar for what happened Monday - Thursday. Sincere apologies, as on Tuesday marked the coolest lunch ever!! As the picture alludes to, I had lunch with Big Ben. Okay, not exactly, but I did go to the House of Parliament for lunch with a friend who is the head of media for the Scottish Parliament. It was such a cool lunch. Before our lunch reservations, he took me for a tour of parliament, it was a 'pitch-yourself' moment going through the House of Lords, House of Commons, and seeing the oldest part of Parliament (dating back to 1030) where William Wallace was 'tried' and where the Pope greeted people during his visit to England. Apologies, for leaving this out of last weeks post! Was an oversight.
The week started out recovering from the big weekend in Munich. I love my adventures and spending time with friends, but crikey....life after thirty certainly does slow down. In a good way though. There are some things of my twenties, that I don't miss. Now is the time to view the world with a new perspective and sense of adventure.On Thursday, I spent the evening catching up with Pat. Being the smart person that I am, a double booked myself, but thankfully it was with two charming and understanding gentlemen so they understood. In fact, we all met up together and had an even better evening. Thank you Pat and Darshan for a lovely evening. I am glad that you two got to hang out again and many thanks for bringing your better halves. It was just the evening that I needed.

On Saturday, the running club celebrated its 15 year anniversary. It is strange when you think about running world 15 years ago. In 1995 most people did not run with music, if they did it was with a Walkman or Discman. It was a world before Garmins, iPods, heart monitor watches, and dry fit clothing. 15 years ago, I was just starting out to run, in those days I couldn't make it through a 5mile run without stopping. I ran with a team. Well not much has changed in 15 years..I am back to being unable to run 5 miles without stopping and I am back to running with a team. Well maybe not recently, since I have put myself on the 'do-not-run' list, but you get the point. My friend Lou and I went to the gala and had the time our our life eating, dancing and meeting new running friends. I came to realise that proper dress on this side of the pond means ladies in dress, guys in suits, tuxedos AND KILTS!! It was amasing to see the number of guys in traditional kilts. You just don't see that in the States :-)
After a couple of hours of sleep, it was off to NYC for a visit before the Diamond-Gerhart wedding. This year I am sadly going to miss both Kadin's birthday party and the NYC ING Marathon. Will be a first for both. I am gutted to say the least. I look forward to photographing both of these occasions, but circumstances and timings did not make sense for me to make a trip to NYC at the end of October so I (and you) will have to miss out :-( I know you look forward to the pictures of Kadin on his birthday, but you will have to settle for how he looks 3 weeks prior). What I can offer you instead is pictures of Mom on her birthday. Even trade right?!?! (no, but they are roughly the same height so close enough).
I was rather shattered from the flight over (and thanks to turbulence again, I did not sleep much), so after a brief nap it was off for an early dinner at Dock's to celebrate Mom's birthday. Normally figuring out how old someone is should be rather straightforward. With Mom, it is anything but. Try sorting this out...she 63 complete and is 64 running. Well whatever age she is, we all celebrated with a delicious seafood dinner. For Bhai and I it meant a clam bake with lobster - - that is how seafood is meant to be served. Warm with melted butter. Hear that UK?!? You can learn a thing or two about serving seafood. I digress. It was a lovely dinner with the family. I am happy that I was able to have dinner with Mom on her birthday (technically it was already the 4th in the UK). Last time I celebrated with her was 3 years ago whilst driving to Ithaca, NY from NYC for my sister and best-friends wedding. Irony, I will be wearing the same dress for the upcoming wedding. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
Hope you all are well
xoxo
T
No comments:
Post a Comment