It is a tough life I have been living lately...been away from the flat for the four weekends; travelling from Munich, NYC, Baltimore, Chesterfield. I know you all feel really bad for me now. This week way about relaxing and preparing for my next round of travels. Where am I going this time? I am off to India-Malaysia. I have had the pleasure of working for Mindshare for over 5 years now (going on 7 years now) and as a thank -you, I am entitled to a 2 week sabbatical. I had been debating on where to spend those two weeks, but when my cousin said he was moving to Malaysia in October the idea of Diwali in Malaysia was just too tempting not to see through. So to answer the question of why India-Malaysia? India is where my family is and I have been wanting to visit ever since Dec last year and well you know why Malaysia.
There really isn't much to share regarding this week. Back in March (Issue 86) I mentioned that we were growing chilis in the office as a means to raise money for charity. This week we got to deliver on the fruits of labour. A few of us on the team took orders for various chili products - chili chocolate biscuits, coriander chili jam and fresh tomato salsa. I started making fresh chili last year when we grew chilies within the team, but this time it was for people outside of the immediate team - YIKES! Wednesday night I made 5 batches of fresh salsa and bottled them up. Not to sound dorky, but it was fun cooking for a good cause. Granted we did not raise a lot of money with our culinary skills, but we created buzz around the office. Will say, the chili chocolate biscuits were by far the top!! Truly worth a try ;-)
Actually on that note, I think I am going to bid you adieu. It has been a rather chill random week if I am being honest. Was not in the mood to do much and really just wanted to relax after the last couple of weekends I had been having. Sometimes, a weekend in watching TV box-sets is just what the body wants. If the body is asking, I have learnt now to listen :-)
I highly recommend Dexter, if you have not seen it, it is definitely worth buying the box-sets.
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment